Low Cost Internet Programs
We believe that you should have affordable, reliable Internet options. That’s why we have put together some of our most affordable Internet plans for you. Get started by checking to see if Rainier Connect is available at your home or school.
About Tacoma Lifeline Program
Lifeline is a non-transferable, federal benefit that makes monthly internet service more affordable for eligible subscribers. The program is limited to one discount per household which may be applied to your home internet service in Tacoma.
Lifeline is available to residential customers who have an annual household income at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines (see below) for a household of its size or who participate in one of the qualifying programs which include Medicaid, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP or Food Stamps), Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Section 8, Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA) or the Veterans Pension or Survivors Benefit.
- 55/10 mbps (download/upload) cable modem service for only $9.95 a month
- Complimentary Wireless Modem lease
If you apply online and qualify for Lifeline, you will receive a one-page proof of eligibility document.
You will be required to provide Rainier Connect with the one-page proof of eligibility document that you received from USAC when initiating service or to qualify for our 55/10 mbps Internet Lifeline program.
When qualifying for Lifeline Assistance based on participation in one of the low-income assistance programs, you may be required to provide proof of participation upon request. Participant eligibility will be reviewed monthly.
Federal Poverty Guidelines are updated annually and are available at www.usac.org.
About Students Connect Program
Through the Students Connect Program, qualified households will receive free in-home high-speed WiFi services through the 2022-2023 school year. Student Connect benefits include a high-speed WiFi package and up to 55/10 mbps internet connection. There is no charge to your household and no contract is required. To qualify, you must be pre-approved by a participating school district.
We are currently working with the following districts to provide complimentary internet services to qualified students in our service area:
- Tacoma Public Schools through a partnership with Graduate Tacoma. Student families can apply for services online.
- Eatonville School District – please contact your school for information.
- Clover Park School District – please contact your school for information
- Families must first be qualified by a participating school district. Once the district has notified us that your household is qualified, the school will provide you with contact information and a parent or guardian over 18 years old will need to call and mention the Students Connect program to schedule an installation appointment.
- The Students Connect program is scheduled to end at the completion of the 2022-2023 school year.
- An adult must be present during the scheduled installation.
- We must have access to enter the home to complete the installation and confirm the service is working at the time of the scheduled installation.
- Complimentary service includes an internet connection with our up to 30/10 mbps package and a wireless modem.
- Customer is required to notify us if they move or need to disconnect service.
- Equipment must be returned at the end of the service.
- Qualifying homes may want to transition to our lifeline program for the same speeds for $9.95 per month.
Contact your eligible school to get started.
Get low-cost high-speed internet for your home. It’s easy!
We are an official provider of the FCC’s Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), a federal government subsidy that provides up to a $30 monthly credit for internet services to qualifying households.